Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Over kill


Warning movie spoiler..... Warning possible plot details given below....  Don't read any further if you ......Holy Overkill batman.  I am a huge Comic Book Movies (CBM) fan not only of the website but the movies too.  I follow a number of Blogs and websites I never read the plot spoilers to be honest. I also don't pay much attention to the fifty mini trailers that are released the months before each CBM blocker buster.  It is a little overkill if you ask my humble opinion.

What I do find peculiar is the paparazzi's (professional or hardcore fans) new found interest in being present at film shoots in order to gather a picture or camera phone clip of the soon to be speculated on sequence of plot details.  I guess up-skirt pictures of stars getting out of cars, following stars on vacation hoping to get a partial nude shot while at the beach only has so much appeal.  I don't have much respect for so these called photographers. So now we are bombarded with plot spoilers about the the latest actor on set and what ever else they can stir up.

There seems to be another growing trend of casting extras or background production staff members providing similar leaks of speculated information.  Not really a fan of all of these spoilers.  I love going to watch CB movies and I go into them with one simple expectation to be entertained.  I don't care for knowing half of the characters, a few surprise appearances always makes for a better film.  Good plot twists that haven't been reported on or speculated on by every other internet blog or news service makes for good fun too.   Part of the reason why I think half the movies we've seen released this summer weren't received well was for this reason and that too many people try and compare creative rewrites of their favorite characters to their twenty year old counterparts. 

The point of reboots of classic CBM's is to bring the story alive to a new generation.  Expressing a little creativity is exactly why The Dark Knight Rises Series has been doing so well.  Rewriting the story and adapting the characters to take on different tones has been part of the Comic Book genre since comics first began.  We need new plot twists, we need new takes on characters but what we don't really need is to know every detail of the film before it is even finished filming. 




No comments:

Post a Comment