Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Robots in disguise

Maybe someone could explain to me the purpose of Robots?  Quite frankly I don't get it.   I mean other than the rich who need to be waited on tooth and nail why do we need Robots?   For me this question stems from the countless articles I read in mostly technology blogs and ezines.  I still believe in going to the Cashier at grocery stores and using tellars at banks.  Old school maybe but I find the world robotic enough as it is without actual robots running around.  I'm sorry but what can a Robot really do that a person who has a starving determination and will to live can't do?  The only answer is live without a conscience.  Robots would make for great killing machines (forgive the pun).  But other than that I spend enough time conversating with computers having one way discussions about  'what is wrong with you?'.... 'will you hurry up'.... 'come on come let's go. I don't have all day.'  I have no desire to come home to a pile of metal wandering around my home.  But some people do some people even want to have sex with robots.  I have read that a few companies have even taken blowup dolls to a mechanical level. Literally!  So the shy recluse can now order his custom brunette dream girl who will please at will, converse with and comfort those who are incapable of human interaction.   Maybe if us civilized people were a little friendlier or kinder they wouldn't have these issues.   Another debate though.

But nevertheless now we are on the dawn of a new age.  An age where countless people die of diseases, famine and poverty.... yada yada yada same ol story people have been dying for thousands of years.... the rich get richer... Machines replace human jobs... The weak are allowed to die off because 'only the strong survive. Survival of the fittest.'  as Spencer and Darwin said... Last time I checked Spencer and Darwin were dead but hey.  So what is my point.  My point is this... It's the same point I made to a bunch of people when some scientists thought it was good fun to waste a gazillion dollars trying to recreate 'the big bang theory'....  Why do we continue to waste all this money and research  for something that really doesn't matter at the end of the day when we could use that time, energy, and resources to help develop actual people.  I know even the time spent writing this blog could be used for better purposes than the self glorification and nimble satisfaction I could receive from knowing someone read my measly opinion.  But I will let others speak of the little good I have done.  So off with the Robots head I say.  Power to the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment