Friday, September 16, 2011

Catching Up

So the kitchen renovations that I was working on are complete.  As usual there are always a few hiccups along the way which resulted in my delay getting back to the routine of posting on a daily basis.  I apologize for the absence... Bloggin B is now back in full swing.   So the summer seems to have disappeared, it may be all the hurricane activity down south that is throwing off the Indian summer that we all love, nevertheless the fall jackets are starting to show and soon the leaves will be changing which means I will have to head north for some photo shoots.

Being absent from the Blogosphere for the last week and a bit I meant to post on a number of items the most interesting being this alarm clock (on the left) which is shaped as a bomb which you have to diffuse before it goes off.  So for all you enthusiasts of exploding stuff this may tickle your fancy.  Some people may have too much time on their hand (seriously no pun intended)    Speaking of exploding stuff I have been living in dreadful fear of my laptop battery possibly exploding as the good old laptop ( at least a few years and counting)   is heating up quite a bit.  Other than when I am typing a lot in these rants and discussions I fill my spare time with, I have found that I can run my laptop on AC only .. I know!.. Who would of thought .. actually I reached the point where I had to do this...

Seriously it came to such madness.  Yes I had the Cryopak 250 out.  I had the mini fan blowing too seems like the fan on the motherboard is gone. (That is not my picture I stole if from Teche Blog) But that aside there have been some interesting topics brought up in other Blogs which I would like to have commented on but being days old and getting a bit late for a Thirsty Thursday Session I may have to cut the discussions short tonight.  Unfortunately my dream of picking up my new EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens will have to wait as I had to splurge unexpectedly on new kitchen appliances. That story I will not disclose but yes ceramic top stoves are breakable.

Moving on to more interesting things I have partially completed setting up my 30 gallon aquarium.  Yes Bloggin B keeps the water creatures at bay.  I added one of my personal favorites a Gold Severum.  He is one of my favorites because they are just bad to the bone fishes.  You see being in the hobby for almost five years I have kept a few fish.  I have also spent a lot more money than I should have on trying to build up a planted aquarium.  One learns with experience that Cichlids (the species that Severum's belong too) have a natural instinct to attack plants.  They aren't really attacking but we'll call it that as I don't feel like giving a course on Cichlid behavior.  Needless to say I have discovered keeping these fish and I've had a few, unfortunately they died due to moving stress and one got hole-in-the-head disease and we we're unable to overcome it, that they almost sit there and watch you.  Every time I find my plants floating at the top of the tank I look at him.  And then I replant them and he sits there and hides.  An hour later I can see him watching and waiting.  Eventually I find my plants uprooted again.  Sneaky lil bugger.

I also added  a Bolivian Ram, three Otto Cats, and a Black Ghost Knife who is not being so friendly today.

Bolivian Ram (he will get more colorful)

Tank (glass needs to be cleaned a little)

Say hello to Mr Pleco.

So stories worth sharing before I sign off to chill out (may be literally) on the balcony for a night cap include; Meadowvale Village Celebrate 175 this Saturday,  we are heading into elections in Ontario (no links you can read your Toronto Newspaper for info) and Mississauga, food wise a Taste of Streetsville is still ongoing, Dishcrawl is coming to Toronto (watch for another post of my thoughts), in movies Gandalf  the Grey is on tour and the latest Avenger One Shot Teaser which the clip is included in Thor released this week on DVD is here :


Bloggin B signing off for tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment