Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Thought Police



Every once in a while I come across the title of an article and I stare frozen at my screen thinking is this for real?  So after I click on the link and read the article I have one of two reactions; either I laugh or I continue to stare at the screen with my jaw dropped like I got sacked in the face by a random flying object.  Bring forth the article :  http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/08/us-department-of-homeland-security-developing-system-to-predict/

So Engadget posted an article recently once again pointing out the brilliance of the Department of Defense of our neighbors just south of us.  I really feel for the people of the US who seem to have a diabolical government.  There's no other way to describe some of the wackness coming out of government security sectors.  Enter Fast Vision a new security measure that is being tested.  How the Fast vision (vision is what people in government need to get) system supposedly works is that people will pass through scanners and camera monitoring systems and their physiological or behavior patterns will determine whether they have the intent to do something sinister.  Hog wash and a half.  First it was detecting terrorists by sweating now if you have thoughts that are "indicative of mal-intent" you are going to the brink.  So scenario one Minority Report I'm sorry I couldn't help it.  Let's say that I had a child who went missing in, oh lets pick on Utah, and I got a call that she had been found in Ohio and the kidnapper was there apprehended so I quickly head to the airport to get a flight.  Obviously I am all worked up emotionally knowing that I am going to see my child and maybe the assailant too.  Any normal father would be all over the place emotionally from wanting to pulverize the dude to the emotional anxiety of holding his child again.  Wait I hear sirens... but again seriousness, so these Fast Vision scanners would likely peg me as being potentially dangerous.  I know the above scenario would not play out that way but it is an example to show this idiocy behind this idea.  I'm done with this as its Thanksgiving and I have much better things to focus on like Turkey and Cranberries and I don't want to say a bunch of negative things on a day we give Thanks for the blessings we have now.   This post  just irks me.   Maybe the Turkey's down south could do a little bit of the same put their resources and finances towards something a little more productive.  Thank God I don't live in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment