Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mississauga News Blogs????

What ever happened to the Mississauga News Community Blog?  I remember a few years ago when Blogging was beginning to become a mainstream way of publishing The News setup a site for local community members to engage their fellow citizens by setting up a personal blog.  I even had one set up and posted a few entries myself.  There was actually some good discussions and topics brought up by my fellow Bloggers.  But as with all good things that are offered free and unmonitored comes the people who ruin it by using a community blog as a means to spam people and sell their products, genius.

It was fun up until we got the email stating that the Mississauga News would be regulating bloggers and their postings.  Fair enough anyone who actually had something worthwhile to say would be given the freedom to do so, this was more a precautionary measure due to spamming.  I was even honored to be considered for continuing my page and received several instructions on how to do so.  This is where it fell apart (for me anyhow) the instructions I received at the time and how to access the new site I could never get to work.  One of the administrators contacted me via phone on a couple of occasions trying to work through why I wasn't able to access the site.  After a few phone calls back and forth it seemed like nothing was working.  To be honest I just forgot about the site and only thought about it again recently since I have launched Bloggin Blodgett.  I read the Mississauga News frequently via Twitter and Reader it helps keep me grounded in what's going on locally as that is the focus of this site.  But I'm still curious what ever happened to the great concept of community bloggers?

Don't forget to Join Bloggin Blodgett's Face Book Page for the $100 Christmas Give Away.  Details will be available only through Bloggin Blodgett's Page.  Look for the Give away details on the Event Calendar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment