Monday, March 19, 2012

Snap shot but wait..

Ever been out somewhere and see something really cool so you grab your camera and go to take a shot  then you think "Can I take a picture of that?" 

Many people encounter the same feeling of unease when out in public and they want to photograph something.  Photographers experience this on a regular basis but after a certain point you just get in the habit of taking the picture, afterall that shot will never present itself again.  

I get strange looks all the time when I'm out in public with the Camera.  Even Saturday when we had that crazy fog sweep through Mississauga I went around City Center taking pictures.  I was at 10 and Burnhamthorpe taking pictures of the Manroe Towers a bunch of guys pulled up in their car to the light and started yelling something out the window.  I had my headphones on just kept shooting. 

But sometimes things can get ugly when you snap a person or cops.  Knowing your rights is important.  I came across a resourceful website which has as its aim helping people and pushing for a clearer standard in photographers  rights.

 http://www.zaprag.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment