Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Price cut your drink





Wouldn't that be the day.  I have always made my displeasure with the operating practices of the greed giant LCBO known.  The prices of alcohol in this province at least are a little high.  One of the many reasons I always come back from travels fully loaded.  But what I think is almost a mockery of the good people of this province is when the LCBO thinks its having a great sale.  While penny pinching goes so far I think its a slap in the face when the LCBO drops their price by twenty-five or fifty cents.  To me it says that you can't really do anything about it so were only going to give you a measely discount and continue to rake in unimaginable amounts of cash.  If you want a better example of corporate greed look no further. 

The LCBO is quick to argue that their sales of 1.56 billion dollars went to the treasury which in turn should be recycled back to the province.  That means our drinking spurts last year could have footed Harper's bill for the G20.  That would make an interesting article.  I know that much of the revenue will go towards our health care system and (mis)education system.  Its ironic that alcoholics are prefooting their own medical bill by purchasing alcohol and you thought the terminator story was confusing.

Today the Toronto Star featured an article  on this topic of over priced alcohol and the Auditor General Jim McCarter has told the LCBO that their prices are too high.  If I had a drink in my hand I would raise my glass.  Who knows maybe well see a break in prices in the future but I'm not holding my breath.  Thirsty Blodgett

No comments:

Post a Comment