Monday, March 2, 2015

Menudo Wraps





Monday's often seem like long days.  No one wants to come home and cook on a Monday, myself included.  I had a bunch of left over dishes and sides from the weekend so I decided to fuse them together into a wrap.  Menudo Wraps to be exact.  Menudo is a Filipino (Pork) dish similar in some ways to a beef stew without all the sauce.  


So I took some leftover spinach salad, made up of Spinach, Eggs, Bacon Bits, Marble Cheese and home made Croutons.  I always keep my salad dressings separate from the greens in cases like this where there were left overs.  I used a Roti Wrap and lined it with a few slices of Monterrey Jack Cheese.  Next I combined the rice and Menudo together and put it in the wrap then topped it with the left over spinach salad.  And lastly for a little extra flavor I added a White BBQ sauce.  You can toast it or heat it on a grill if you prefer.  And there you have a little Filipino and Canadian Fusion all from left overs.


No comments:

Post a Comment