Saturday, September 17, 2011

Apple .... but what about me?


I was just flipping channels because I have been trying to take a nap.  Watching something on TV, which I hardly do, usually helps me pass out because well TV is just boring.  So I came across a tech show featuring new I-phone apps.  I woke up because my blood instantly began to boil and the rage over anything named I-dash makes me cringe (not really just being a drama queen).  I'm sorry if I have an unwarranted disdain for Apple products but I just have no use for them.  I'm not into trends and Apple has never appealed to me.  For one the I-pods especially the small ones look more like white chocolate snacks than mp3 devices. Ok so I may be going off the deep end a little.  Nevertheless I am a person who likes one device that is capable of multi-media-tasking and I know that I-phone actually is better geared to media related professions but I still have no desire to use one, one of those I-things.

I reluctantly converted to Android after a bunch of friends talked me into it.  I use to use (don't you love when you get to use words like that)  Palm and Windows devices (just shot my left foot there).  But Audiovox died and Samsung had no good alternatives other than Galaxy S and I jumped in.  I have not been disappointed except for the lack of TV connectivity (believe me I've tried) I won't mention the K word as its just better for all of us.  So what's the point of this rant.  Nothing other than oh yeah...  I can't stand when the world assumes that everyone uses I-things.  I don't and definitely have no plans too. Almost every time I hear about a new app I'm like one of my hamsters when he knows he's getting cheese.  I stand on my hind legs, jump up and down putting my little arms up shaking my fingers with excitement.  Then comes the punch line "this App is configured for I-things".  That's when blood may boil.  Hello I'd pay 12 bucks for that free APP why do you have to make it for Apple what about me Mr Bloggin Android guy.  I matter I count for like at least 30 per cent of the market. Not fair I know life isn't.  This aggravates me as much as when people are like "add me on Facebook" or "do you have twitter?"  Hello the world doesn't live on the internet.  The internet is part of the world if you really want to have a relationship here's my number.  Get over it, its already glued to your hand all you have to do is say "Hello". I'll take care of the rest.   

So back to hating on Apple.  I'm thinking of actually going down to City Center with a bristol board and writing on it in big red letters "Hey I want that App on Google."  Think the Mississauga News or Mississauga Life would cover it.  Maybe The Mississauga Muse will find a conspiracy in this. And then there's .... well I can hear the whispers of the crackpots saying "What about Blackberry?" and  I'm like "Who?"  So I guess I am stuck in the middle under the oppressive powers of the I-thing regime and the mysterious world of BBM.   I still want that APP though.  Developers there is more than just Apple. In all fairness to the crackpots there is still an untapped potential market in both Android and Blackberry devices so reach out to us.

Mobile Blodgett

Ps Did you meet Ravage?

No comments:

Post a Comment