Sunday, September 18, 2011

English Breakfast

There's nothing like having breakfast for dinner, in my book anyways.  Felt like doing something different tonight so I whipped up an English Breakfast with my own twist of course.  Typically an English Breakfast entails Pork and Beans, Fried Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, and Mushrooms.  There are variations of course but this is what I have typically seen in the good ol UK.  First thing I did was saute the mushrooms (see recipe below).  Next thing is I heated some Veggie Oil in a pan and set to high.  While waiting for the Oil to warm I heated the Pork and Beans in a pot.  I used Canned Pork and Beans mixed with Maple Syrup you can use any type or make your own.  I heat on a low to medium low.    Next I threw some Turkey Bacon on the Griddle.  Throw your eggs in the pan with Veggie Oil and cook till runny.   Don't forget to flip your mushrooms. By the time the Eggs are done everything else should be ready.  Throw a little of everything on your plate, grab your favorite sauce ie... Ketchup and Chow Down   Chez Blodge



Portabella Mushroom Saute

I put a little Veggie Oil in a skillet heated on Medium High
I used about 5 medium sized Portabella's thinly sliced
Add 1 tbsp each of Red and White Wine Vinegar.
Add 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
Add 3 tbsp of Butter
Add 1 clove of garlic chopped
Add 1/2 tsp of Paprika
Add 1 Tsp of Parsley
Add  Freshly Ground Pepper
Mix them up good and then throw in the Portabella's
You can reduce the heat to medium
They should take about 3-5 minutes a side.  Flip them half way through

They Original recipe which I used as a reference for this can be found here 

No comments:

Post a Comment