Monday, January 28, 2013

Re-launch and Over the Weekend




After what seems like a short disconnect (a few months) from the internet, which translates into eons in the land of social media, I am re-launching Bloggin Blodgett.  This year has begun with many changes including home renos, an upcoming move, my new website launch (t.b.a.), major health / lifestyle changes to name a few…  It is going to be a busy year but a fun year full of surprises and new original content.  Posting will be done on a daily basis and some of your favorite categories will be weekly features along with a few new additions which will be implemented throughout the year. 

Bloggin B's getting back into the swing of things after a busy fall going back to school and getting some personal matters in order. I  spent much of this past weekend preparing and organizing things around the house and on the computer.  I am currently renovating my place as I prepare to expand territories and move westward this spring.  Renovations began just before Christmas and I am beginning to see a faint light at the end of the black hole of chaos.  I have tried my hand at craftsmanship and picked up some experience in molding, caulking, painting, trips to the dump and tiling.  I won’t be quitting my day job just yet but practice does perfect the craft. 


Saturday morning I trekked over to Home Depot for a little tutorial on installing kitchen cabinets which will be my next big project and the final stage of renovations. Anyone with anger issues and who would like to destroy things let me know I have destruction to be done.  After that I snuck over to Gotham Central Comics to join with my fellow comic patrons in celebrating Gotham’s 1 year anniversary.  Congratulations to the man Carlos (Carlos is pictured left).  Yes Bloggin B has a comic drawing .... ( hey humor me on Monday).  I picked up a few more comics than I normally do but hey sales are sales plus entries in the draws.  Who doesn't like winning stuff? After indulging myself in some stunning visual material from therein most of the day was spent laying down Thinset mortar which I don’t think I would use again as the texture in three different tubs that I used were very inconsistent and at 62 bucks a bucket it is not cheap.  I went to bed with a stiff back and probably a list of complaints from the noise I made using my buddy’s wet saw to cut the tiles. 

After sleeping in a little on Sunday I headed out to Credit Mills to do a little shopping for new blinds, some supplies and to pick up some Portuguese chicken.   There’s been a lot of take out food on the menu lately so stopping by Brasas Churrasqueria Rostisserie & Grill to grab lunch for the next few days seemed the right thing to do. They are arguably one of the best Portuguese Chicken joints in Mississauga.  Check them out sometime if you haven’t.  They are located on the corner of Glen Erin and Burnamthorpe.  And while there, being the white Filipino that I am, I stopped in next door at Halo Halo to grab some Philippine cuisine.  Picked up some lumpia (like spring rolls) and pancit (noodles) and some pastries.   So food is covered for the next few days as demolishing parts of my kitchen is on the menu this week.  Have a great Monday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment