Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labour Day

The last long weekend of the summer has come and gone so has most of this week.Time flies when you are busy!!  Most of last week was spent tying up lose ends as my parents departed the family home.  The final stages of that included me driving a truck which I always find entertaining.  (It really is amazing how many stupid drivers there are in Mississauga.  Driving a truck always give you a different vantage point to being on the road.  And from a trucks point of view when someone plays the idiot and tries to beat the truck there isn't much that can be done when there isn't enough room to brake. Fortunately for a couple sports car drivers I still applied the brakes.) 

Once the move was complete I turned  my focus over the last week to trying to relax a little in between a last beer night with a friend who is off to Califronia to be wedded in a few weeks, a trip to Niagara and completing unfinished projects around the home. 

Friday night was the first time I've been out in public for a drink since I stopped drinking in July. Friday ended up being a late night hanging out around City Center. Saturday ended up being a long day.

I attended a friend's kids Birthday party the following day down in Niagra.  I haven't been to the Zoo for a while so that was a fun and photographic experience.  I'll upload a video of the crazy monkeys tonight.

We also headed across the border for a little bit of shopping.  Got some new Cons for the photo series I am working on.  Coach was also a stopping point along with Target (gotta get me some PopTarts) You can see a glimpse of one pair in the pics below.  Afterwards we hit up one of my favorite restaurants : Olive Garden.  On the Menu was Seafood Brodetto and Parmesan Crusted Tilapia.  The Tilapia was fantastic.  The Brodetto tasted good but wasn't what I expected as I'd never had it before.  It is a soupy type dish which was a surprise so I won't be doing that again. 

Monday till tonight I have and will spend finishing up cleaning my domain.  Lots of new pictures coming up as well.  And the website is in progress but didn't quite make the labor day cut.  Have a good Thursday.  Here's a few pics I snapped over the last week courtesy of your neighbourly SIII.
Bloggin B












No comments:

Post a Comment