Thursday, September 25, 2014

Nerd Block September 2014


Nerd Block for September has arrived and as promised Nerd Block has given me an STD.  A little explanation may be in order.  So back in August Nerd Block began sending out emails and tweets to subscribers running along the lines of "We're giving you an STD"  And low and behold in the box was an STD:



There are four different types of STD's you could have received, mine was Gonorrhea.  The Idea is a little weird but I guess it got people talking a bit so awareness about the risks of STD's is a good thing.  I passed my plush toy around the Office a bit and it got a laugh but there was a little discussing too so I guess mission accomplished Nerd Block.... Moving on!!!

I have Mega Bloks!  I love Lego stuff but due to my stretched finances between Tresta Studio , Bloggin B and other projects on the go and the ridicolous price of Lego, I have had to try and limit my hobby spending.  Its a tough feat lol.   Lego type toys are something I have wanted to invest in but circumstance hasn't allowed so I always enjoy receiving them in the boxes I subscribe to even if they are only mini's.  In this month's box were Marvel themed Lego Bloks.  They are currently in production on Series Three and each bag contains one of eight possible figures.  Sandman was lurking in my bag with a loot of cash.  The figure assembled (pictured below) is on the smaller scale but nicely detailed for a Mega Blok.  I may have to add Stealth Spider-man and Havok to the shelf.



Nerd Block is currently celebrating its One year anniversary so congratulations first off is in order.  And to celebrate they have thoughtfully given their subscribers a stress ball, because people get stressed.  I'm going to leave this in the box as a collectible as I prefer my home gym as a stress reliever.  


Next up is Dc Collectible Scribblenauts Unmasked figure and in the box and just in time for the upcoming TV series: The Flash.  I love this figure and I may just go full out nerd on the Premiere and watch it with him.  Very nice addition to the Block.  



To tie in with the August movie releases along with a T-Shirt we also have a Papercraft Ninja Turtle Themed Boxo. This time around I have assembled my Funko and they are going to make for some fine backdrops for some upcoming photo-shoots I have planned.  





Last but not least is the T-Shirt of the month which is a Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mixtape Shirt.  Nerd Block keeps coming out with some great T-Shirts.

Overall this month's box was great.  A lot of good stuff this time around.  Next up is Horror Block... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment