Thursday, July 28, 2011

How much do you tweet?

So I've been using twitter for the last two weeks or so. I can't believe how many times some people and more so organizations / media outlets tweet. Last night at 11 pm I was receiving a notification every five minutes from one group. Actually the only reason I was still up was (shhh) I took a sneak nap afterwork. Normally at this time the phone is turned off. ..... Back on point Blodgett... Earlier yesterday afternoon one news talk group was covering a political event and were overtweeting (this should be outlawed) about every five seconds for over ten minutes I finally unfollowed them as I couldn't see the tweets I wanted to from friends... Oh this just in I have 10 new tweets. SWEET.

So the birds are a chirping.... actually I have no problem with twitter I think its a pretty cool app to use. One drawback and I myself refuse to fall into the pit of twitter darkness... is the need to constantly update people with what your doing. Or on the other end of the spectrum be in constant need to know (Scientists have warned about psychological dangers about this)

A twit here there ok lets not lose our sanity here. ... There's more productive things we can do. ... Like read Blogging Blodgett.... its good for you... or more importantly feed hungry people in Somalia through text messages Go here But seriously when I read articles like this and I see people on the bus (especially people my age and younger) glued to their phones the whole ride ... I wonder to myself 'You're able to follow, communicate with your 1000 follower/fans ... but could you start up a conversation with the person next to you and carry it forward or would you be lost for words and slither back into the world of the internet"

Just food for thought

Time for some breakfast. And don't forget send a text for Aid through Mobile Giving

Somewhat Hungry Blodgett Over and Out

No comments:

Post a Comment