Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pho

Last light after a festive season of Garage Talk me and my buddy went out for Pho
(a Vietnamese noodle soup served usually with beef). Here's a picture :



















We ended up going to a familiar spot that I hadn't been to in years.
Actually its one of the spots that I frequented in my late teens and early twenties.
The food is as good as I remember but the venue had been upgraded quite a bit.
I was also surprised that after midnight it was packed (a testimony to how much
Mississauga has grown in the last ten years). I remember a long time ago in a galaxy
far far away eating at Pho in the wee hours of the morning and if you were
lucky there would be some semblance of life other than the young waitress
(who may or may not have been old enough to be legally employed) and chef in the
back. Some of the Pho Restaurants were rather sketchy looking back in the day too.
But this one had obviously upgraded (probably has changed owners over the year)
from those plastic tables and chairs that hideously burdened late night restaurant
joints during the 90's. There are still some around but hey when you've had
McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers a trillion late night joints with plastic tables
and ripped old school bus chairs isn't so bad. Then again there's always Tremendous.


Back on point ... so having spent my life in Mississauga I have watched this city
grow into a mini-metropolis and am quite proud to see the development that has
taken place in some of the establishments that are still around. While there are some
that didn't make the cut that I would like to still see around nevertheless its always
a good feeling to have a little pride in your hometown.

Sauga WHAT?

Bloggin Blodgett

No comments:

Post a Comment