Monday, July 25, 2011

The Comic Blockbusters have come and gone










So now that all the big comic movies are over and done with for this year I can look back and say that I thoroughly enjoyed the last few months of movies. I don't think I've been to theater this much in one year yet alone 6 months. From Thor, X Men First Class all the way up to zee Captain (French Accent emphasized) I must admit that I enjoyed each of the DC, Hasbro, and Marvel productions.


All the way back to Thor in May I have had countless
conversations with colleagues and friends that ran along the lines of "Did you see it?" "What did you think?" and then playing out into debates about Michael Bay, DC vs Marvel and ultimately ending in fist fights just kidding. Comic Movie discussions in the circles I run usually end in reminiscing on living in the 80's and which movies need to still be made or remade ie Ninja Turtles, Masters of the Universe, the forever in production ThunderCats and whether Ghost Busters should be continued.





But more importantly as you can see I am already getting off topic I have decided that from now on I boycotting movie critics and reviews, as well as expectations of how good films are going to be. I have heard far too much criticism and whining (more than I care to acknowledge) about how bad some of the Comic Movies this summer have been and all I have to say is hogwash. As mentioned earlier I can't remember the last I went to the movies and honestly enjoyed each film.

I have come to the conclusion that movie goers have fallen into one of three categories:
1) Those who expect perfection
2) Critics
3) Those looking to be entertained.

I fall into the latter and maybe that's why I have little to no problem with Thor, First Class, Green Lantern, Transformers 3, or The First Avenger.


















Which brings me to my next point being that I am being to get the spidy-sense that
people's expectations and some's unrealistic hopes for Comic Book Type
films being academy award winning material have gone through the roof.
But maybe that just the world we live in. With the constant stirring of the senses
and bombardment of new technologies like I-pads and the Samsung Galaxy S-II
(my birthday is August 21st) how can we ever be satisfied with Shockwave, Thaal Sinestro,
or The Destroyer being brought to life on the REAL 3D AVrw-ha-12-uip- THX screens.
I mean lets get real here. Who can compete?

But all in all I think we've been treated to a summer of great movies so far and I am glad to have been here to experience many of my favorite cartoon characters make it to the big screen. And with the newly released sneak peeks of Avengers, The Amazing Spiderman, and Dark Knight Rises I am eagerly looking forward to another run of my childhood on the big screen summer 2012.


Keep em coming DC, Hasbro, and Marvel.
Fanboy Blodgett signing off!!!!!!!!!

Visit DOTM Collage Website for some Transformers DOTM Awesomeness

No comments:

Post a Comment