Saturday, August 27, 2011

History Matters and researching for new blog section Mississauga History

There's an old saying "if you don't know where you came from how can you get to where you're going?"

I have always been a lover of arts, culture, religion and history.  Once some one said "you seem like you are very modern but you are very cultured.  A rather interesting contradiction"  I agree but I also believe that we should have a healthy respect for our history, traditions, religion and cultures.  I have never been fond of the ideology that plagues my fellow younglings and the lack of respect for History and yet the obsession with pop culture and modern technology while at the same time having little interest in their own culture. 

This is sad!  I am a full fledged Canadian!   I am a 3rd generation Canadian there's even a little of the Native blood running in these veins if you go back a few generations.  Not sure if that last part is true or one of late Auntie Roe's Fables she told of our relationship to Princess Lily Feather and Chief Shot-in-both-sides.  But on the lighter side I have been thinking of a way to include in this Blog some of the Cultural and Historical aspects of Mississauga.  Not many of the people who now live in Downtown City Center would even remember the Ol man's Farm on Eglinton.    Being a 3rd generation Canadian I envy people who come here and have a cultural tradition.  While some argue that Canada has its own culture and tradition I mean Culture more in the sense of Filipino, Spanish, Indian etc..   It is actually kind of sad that so many young people feel embarrassed that their parents want to incorporate some cultural traditions in their lives.  But thanks to James Dean being cool still seems to plague our young minds, malls, Tim Horton's and School Parking Lots heck even Churches.

So as I brainstorm keep tuned to the Bat channel for Bloggin Blodgett will be adding a new category to the Blog: Sauga back in the day.  For now if it pleases you have a look at this site Heritage Mississauga   a site I stumbled upon while doing some research on the Villages and Lost Villages of Mississauga.  Stay tuned for the new category in the coming months.

Old Skool Blodgett

No comments:

Post a Comment