Sunday, August 28, 2011

New City Center Roundabout

 

I finally made it over to check out the new roundabout at City Center last night.  I was kind of surprised it's actually much smaller than I thought it would be. I was expecting something like in Europe where there are three lanes on each side a pile of cars and some poor sucker stuck going around in loops endlessly.  No such luck. Open just in time for the new school year the roundabout is adjacent to the new Hazel McCallion Campus (Sheridan College) located at Square One Drive and Duke of York Boulevard across from the Zellars' (soon to be Target) parking lot.  Roundabouts will be new to many people with in Mississauga as there really aren't any.   I think they should put one at 10 and Burnhamthorpe that would make for some great entertainment on a Saturday afternoon. So if you're in the area in the coming days take a spin, literally.  And while you're at it have a look at a few pics I snapped on the walk home.




No comments:

Post a Comment