Sunday, July 15, 2012

All in a day's work



So the dawn of the first week of detox and getting back in shape will hit in a few hours.  Today I hit the benches at my buddy's place which he calls 'Caesar's Gym' so we'll roll with that.  I'm not a gym type person plus me and Caesar use to work out in our late teens back at 1290 Rathburn.  When I stopped years ago is when the lard began a packing so to speak.  I'm going to feel it in the morning I can tell already but no sweat as coach Caesar says "you're not working hard enough!" 

Friday night I had a cigar while hanging out with the boys I figure honesty is the best policy when trying to make lifestyle changes.  But as for cigarettes it'll be a week tomorrow since I had one.  I was honestly tempted to have some drinks last night I even thought about sneaking one in on the bus ride over to my buddies but I resisted the lures of the mighty Crest.  I don't have a definitive plan on how long I'm going to withhold the smooze but I do know that I will have a beer and scotch one day (realism).

Tomorrow I plan on hitting up the Irie Festival. I had never heard of the event until late this morning.  It is mainly a music festival celebrating Reggae and Salsa but of course there are food vendors as well.  I was hoping to get over there today for some Jerk Chicken and food samples.  I'll be there tomorrow with my camera and phone so look out for the instagram  (blogginblodgett) updates. 

I'm off to the land of pixie dust where I'm hoping they can spare me too much muscle tension in the morning.  Busy day coming up soon! Nocturnal Blodgett over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment