Thursday, August 16, 2012

Photomadness

Last night I was working on a few projects one of which was the Mississauga Ribfest pictures. The other project was for a family member whom I owe a collection of pictures from the last few years. I had to pull out the cds even dvds of pictures which were a mishmash of various events.

I have had a nagging voice in the back of my mind for quite sometime now telling me get your pictures organized. Even though I am well aware of the horror stories of losing a hard drive and even experiencing it I still haven't shaken the habit of copying my pictures to a external drive and leaving them there. I do take a lot of pictures so I have my own stock photography to an extent. Actually I had close to 100 gigs of media in my photos folder, mind you there are some hd video files in there as well which could account for 20% of the sum, but that's a fair chunk of photos to organize. (On a side note this is one of the downfalls of digital photography.)

 So I am here in stopping the madness. It may take me a week or two to sort through everything. I also need to start getting in the habit of printing my pictures. I do have a lot of photos which would make for some nice wall pictures something I am considering exploring in the fall. Its aways a good idea to have more than one source of income we are in a recession, which by the looks of the way we're spending you wouldn't think so but you never know which way the economy is going to go. So after making a small dent (really small) in the stock pile of images I retired around 2 last night and I plan on picking up the gauntlet again tonight. I may have to find a third job to afford the printing bill. Yikes!!! I'll forward my resume send me your emails. Busy B

No comments:

Post a Comment